UCOWF NATIONAL CONFERENCE
It's been 50 years in the making!
The United Council on Welfare Fraud's 50th National Training Conference will be held September 11 – 14, 2023 at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
UCOWF National Conferences keep members up to date on the latest developments in the realm of fraud prevention, detection, and investigation, along with building stronger relationships and strengthening investigative networks.
We're planning for our greatest UCOWF training conference yet, offering on-point training provided by professionals in the field of investigations and public assistance. There will also be extensive networking and team-building opportunities unlike any in our previous 50 years of conferences.
Registration has been open since May 1, 2023. Once registration is open, it will be announced via our social media sites, through member email, and on our public homepage.
The conference will open on Monday, September 11, 2023 at 1 PM Eastern time and end at noon, Thursday, September 14th.
The registration table will open at 8 AM and remain open until 5 PM on Monday and every day after that until noon on Thursday, September 14th.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the special nature of this year’s conference, our maximum attendance is capped at 280 attendees. Once we have 280 paid registrants, we will not be able to accept more. Therefore, you must register (and pay in full) early to ensure you have a seat at what will be a truly valuable and memorable event.
Rooms at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel have been reserved for conference attendees at the special group rate of $140 + taxes (15.0%) + $2. Reserve your room below:
- Nineteen (19) hours of training workshops focused exclusively on public assistance fraud issues ranging from front-line fraud investigations to effective program administration and fraud recovery and collection techniques
- Opportunities to network with peers from around North America
- Opportunities to hear from and share ideas directly with Federal program officials in various public assistance programs
- The opportunity to obtain certification as a Certified Welfare Fraud Investigator (CWFI)
- The annual UCOWF Awards Banquet INCLUDED in the four (4) day conference registration fee
- The annual UCOWF membership business meeting to learn what’s new in UCOWF
- Regional elections to choose UCOWF members to represent your interests in developing organizational initiatives
- Vendors exhibiting products and services that increase efficiency and accuracy in detecting and investigating fraud
- Nowhere else can you find training focused solely on fighting the continuing and emerging trends in public assistance fraud that affect county, state and provincial budgets across North America.
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
Monday, September 11, 2023
Monday, September 11, 2023
Thursday, September 14, 2023
Last Day to Book the Sheraton Conference Hotel
July 27, 2023
Last Day to Register for the Conference
September 5, 2023
ADDITIONAL HOTEL INFORMATION
The Sheraton room block is 170 rooms. Once 170 rooms have been booked by attendees, additional rooms are contracted at the overflow hotel.
There are 95 overflow rooms at the conference price available right next door at the newly remodeled Hyatt Place Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
Reservations must be made PRIOR to 4 pm (EDT) August 1, 2023 for the Hyatt Place to take advantage of the special group rate, which also includes breakfast at the Hyatt Place. Reservations received after this date will be accepted on a space available basis only and at the current rack rates.
A credit card is required at the time of making a reservation to secure your room.
We look forward to seeing you at our 50th National Conference!