UCOWF NATIONAL CONFERENCE
After 50 years, we're shifting gears!
The United Council on Welfare Fraud's 51st National Training Conference will be held for three full days from August 20-22, 2024 at the Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
UCOWF National Training Conferences keep members up to date on the latest developments in the realm of fraud prevention, detection, investigation, and prosecution along with building stronger relationships and strengthening investigative networks.
For 2024, we’re shifting gears and blowing the lid off attendance caps, affording more opportunities than ever before to attend a UCOWF training conference. Not only that, but UCOWF will be offering more hours of professional trainers providing on-point skill-building training in the field of fraud investigations, detection, and prevention techniques in public assistance programs. We’re building on the extensive networking and team-building efforts from last year’s conference to grow the nationwide network of investigators and others integrity professionals who fight daily to protect vulnerable citizens and taxpayers.
Registration will open no later than December 15, 2023. Once registration is open, it will be announced via our social media sites, through member email, and on our public homepage.
The conference will open on Tuesday, August 20, 2024, at 8:30 AM Pacific time and end at 5 PM, Thursday, August 22, 2024.
The registration table will open at 1 PM and remain open until 5 PM on Monday and every day from 8 AM until 5 PM through the end of the conference on Thursday, August 22.
The UCOWF Room block runs from Sunday, August 18, through Thursday, August 22, 2024, with a Friday checkout. The UCOWF room rate including all fees is $98.95 per night (not including tax). Based on availability, the room rate is available for 3 days before and 3 days after the room block. A link to reserve your room online will be posted here once the registration is open. (Please note, a one-time fee of $15, plus tax, is added to your room charge if your reservations are made by phone rather than online.)
- Eighteen (18) hours of training workshops focused exclusively on public assistance fraud issues ranging from front-line fraud investigations to effective program administration and fraud recovery and collection techniques
- Opportunities to network with peers from around North America
- Two full days of contracted on-point, skill-building investigative training presented by contracted trainers from respected training organizations
- In addition to the two days of contracted trainers, attendees will be able to choose four sessions out of the twelve program-specific specialized workshop sessions offered by subject matter experts from across the nation
- Opportunities to hear from and share ideas directly with Federal program officials in various public assistance programs
- The opportunity to obtain certification as a Certified Welfare Fraud Investigator (CWFI)
- The annual UCOWF Awards Luncheon INCLUDED in the three (3) day conference registration fee
- A UCOWF Welcome Social and Ice Breaker for every member and attendee the evening before the conference kicks off
- The annual UCOWF membership business meeting to learn what’s new in UCOWF
- Regional elections to choose which UCOWF members to represent your interests in developing organizational initiatives
- Vendors exhibiting products and services that increase efficiency and accuracy in detecting and investigating fraud
Nowhere else can you find training focused solely on fighting the continuing and emerging trends in public assistance fraud that affect county, state and provincial budgets across North America.
View the full conference itinerary here.
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
Monday August 19, 2024
Tuesday, August 20, 2024
Thursday, August 22, 2024
Last Day to Register for the Conference
August 9, 2024
We look forward to seeing you at our 51st National Conference!